The more time you spend around people, the more time there is for COVID-19 to spread. You can lower your chance of getting COVID-19 by spending less time around people you don’t live with or stay with.
Examples of spending less time around people:
- At game night, just stay for the first few rounds of poker.
- Go to a shorter worship service.
- Spend less time at the library.
- Stay for the wedding ceremony, but skip the reception.
- Call ahead to make sure your medicine is ready for pickup so you don’t have to wait.
You can also try doing things less often to spend less time around people.
Examples of doing things less often:
- Shop for groceries just once a week.
- Wait longer in between visits to the nail salon.
- Check your post office box twice a week instead of every day.